Family Welfare Division, Ministry of Health and Population is organising the National Conference on Family Planning (NCFP) in Kathmandu from 18-19 March, 2019 with the support of ADRA Nepal as a host. The theme for NCFP 2019 is “Family Planning: Reaching the Unreached” which aspires to provide a tremendous platform for the improvement of quality and reach of family planning services among adolescents, postpartum women, poor, marginalized and hard to reach groups.
Rationale of National Conference on Family Planning
Ever since the inception of family planning program in 1959, Nepal has implemented various approaches and interventions to improve access to quality family planning service to the needy people and increased contraceptive use significantly. It has acquired a wealth of learning from its successful implementation which has not been discussed adequately and widely. In the recent years, a number of challenges and opportunities have been witnessed to address the stagnation of mCPR, find ways to reduce the high unmet need of FP particularly among the adolescents, and effectively cater their FP needs. There is utmost need to discuss in depth to find out most effective and efficient way forward. The conference will provide an opportunity to share learning and forward looking strategies to ensue equitable access to quality family planning services for all in federal context of Nepal where all key stakeholders such as Government of Nepal, policy makers, donors, scientists, academicians, researchers, civil society, service providers and users group have a big role to advance FP agenda.
Objectives of the Conference
1. To bring together health professionals and community voice involved in Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health/Family Planning (ASRH/FP).
2. To bolster the network and share knowledge.
3. To disseminate new knowledge and information about RH/FP.
4. To integrate new knowledge and research concepts into current and future improved practice and research.
5. To prepare extended action plan incorporating recommendations of conference.